Creme Pie with Jelly Topping
Technology 3.60 - Implement complex procedures to process a specified product.
RECIPES FOR INVESTIGATION
Research, finding the best way to make your outcome.
Sequencing, putting everything into the best order.
Create a flowchart for your Creme Pie.
- It must include:
- Every process (e.g. mixing, baking, cooking, cooling, blending)
- Every test (Quality Assurance plan)
As you practice your pie and do your testing, you will work out better ways to do things. Make changes on your flowchart, make annotations to show how you responded to testing results.📗
For higher grades you need to show efficiency - parallel operations. So while one thing is waiting, the next thing is started already.
Post-It Notes are an easy way to make your boxes. Cut them smaller with scissors, stick them on. When you are sure everything fits, glue them down and draw the arrows.
Make your flowchart on paper with post-it notes, OR using app.diagrams.net online.
QUALITY ASSURANCE PLAN
Tests to ensure it will be a great outcome.
Your Quality Assurance Plan
- You must decide which tests you will carry out during your processing. The test results will guide you to improve your product.
- Create your QA Plan and paste into your portfolio.
- You also need to include all the tests in your Flow Diagram and record the results of your testing.
Making food that's safe to eat.
Your HACCP Plan
COST & YIELD
Is it worth making? How can we produce our pie in a cost efficent way?
Product Cost & Yield
- Cost is worked out based on ingredients, power and time.
- Yield is how many slices of pie you get from one recipe for selling.
- At the start of your project, fill in the Estimated Costs and Yield. Work through the actual costs and yield once you have finalised your recipe. Print out and stick into your portfolio. 📗